Martin Butterworth awarded SMSTS Certificate
At Giotto Group, safety is of paramount importance to us and we are continually striving to maintain the highest industry standards. Project manager, Martin Butterworth has successfully completed the SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) course.
Covering all aspects of the relevant legislation and aspects affecting safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries, the course highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, implementation of necessary control measures, and adequate communication in order to sustain the culture of health and safety among all personnel.
Areas covered within the SMSTS course include:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces